MAKE A DIFFERENCE
All fees received by Third Link from managing the Fund’s investments, net of expenses incurred, are donated to the charitable sector. The donations to the charitable sector do not dilute the investment returns. Since the inception of the Fund in April 2008 up until 31 March 2022, these donations have totalled approximately $16,759,000.
Who do we donate the fees to?
Currently, most partner organisations sit within Third Link’s three-pronged philanthropic strategy:
- Amplifying the voice of young people in society - ensuring young people are represented in the conversations that concern them and their futures
- Pathways to employment for at-risk young people - supporting organisations that work towards employability for the most disadvantaged and at risk young people
- Catalytic impact - focusing on organisations that are having a systemic impact, including advancing informed public debate.
Aiming to partner with a few organisations, Third Link prefers charities that take a systems approach to tackling issues and who collaborate with key stakeholders and complementary services to shift the dial for young people.
Third Link seeks to have a national footprint with its giving, representative of the investors that make up the fund and the knowledge that a prosperous Australia is one where all segments of the population thrive, regardless of background, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, or geographic location.
Third Link engages Arc Connections to make recommendations on the charities to support and to monitor the performance of these organisations on an ongoing basis.
Full list of organisations we have supported since inception
- Act for Kids
- Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience (AIME)
- Australian Red Cross (2009 Victorian Bush Fire Appeal)
- Bairo Pite Clinic
- Beacon Foundation
- Campbell Page
- Children's Ground
- The Ethics Centre
- Food Ladder
- Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR)
- Grattan Institute
- The Foundation for Young Australians (FYA)
- Little Dreamers
- The Mirabel Foundation
- National Centre for Childhood Grief
- Outward Bound Australia
- Raise Foundation
- SHINE for Kids
- Social Ventures Australia
- The Song Room
- Together 4 Youth
- Uplifting Australia
- The Wayside Chapel